Offers by Maasvallei, Woonpunt and Servatius are in high demand, so they are managed by subscription lists. In order to subscribe for this list, follow the steps below:
- Select an offer from a housing corporation.
- Select ‘Subscribe now’ to get a place on the list.
- On Sunday at 11:59 PM, the list will close and you will receive an email indicating your place on the list.
- The first person on the list, the person who has been registered with Maastricht Housing for the longest time, has the possibility to react to (postpone, accept or reject) the offer.
- Action is required within 24 hours through your MyHousing, and then to 'My Housing Subscriptions'. You will receive an email with the contact details of the current tenant or the relevant housing corporation (if the house is immediately available and no tenant lives there at the moment). This gives you the opportunity to view the living space.
- If the person first in place declines the offer, please indicate the reason why, or does not respond on time, the second person on the list can schedule a viewing (and so on).
- If you accept the offer via your MyHousing account (My Housing Subscriptions - Green Button: I want to accept this accommodation), the housing corporation will take over the rental process by sending you more information about the required following steps.
Some important information:
- All the living spaces offered by the housing corporations are unfurnished and do not include flooring, curtains, ceiling lights or kitchen appliances; you have to purchase everything yourself.
- You can only subscribe to one offer per week, if you register for more than one offer, only your last registration applies.
- You can always access the subscription list via MyHousing and monitor your place on the list to estimate your chances of getting that housing. However, only the first 5 candidates are eligible!
- If you are the first one on the list, you can postpone a decision twice, for two working days each time. Afterwards, the offer will automatically be transferred to the next person on the list.
- It is important to know that when assigning a residential, the final decision rests with the relevant housing corporation!
- Please note: The standard notice period for terminating the rental agreement is one month but if you accept the housing, you are no longer allowed to enroll in any subscription round by the next 6 months (counting from the start date of your contract)!
- Please note: housing corporations have a maximum age limit of 27 years!
Do you have additional questions about nominating a student or about the income limit maintained by housing corporations? Please click HERE.